Thank you to all parents for trusting your children to me this year! It will be wonderful year. Here's what your students will be doing this first week.
1. Getting acquainted with me, learning routines, and WORKING!
2. Students will have some paperwork to return next week, as those will be passed out to parents on back to school night. Please be especially attentive to returning the internet use agreement so your child will be able to work in class, as they need to be able to use the internet every single day for learning and assignments.
3. Building a classroom community through TRIBES activities..
4. Applying for class jobs (6th grade).
5. Science topics for science this quarter are: cells, organ systems, photosynthesis, and ecosystems.
6. Social Studies will be covered during reading this quarter and will be about the antebellum period.
7. Writing and reading basic skills review.
Specifically, this week:
Projects: learning about and building cell models
8th Writing: reviewing writing process, letter writing, journal writing, grammar practice with Caught Ya & on ixl and generating ideas.
6th Writing: reviewing writing process, letter writing, journal writing, grammar practice with Caught Ya & on ixl and generating ideas.
Reading: reviewing and using Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, and Expanded vocabulary skills (CAFE), reading/discussing passages about antebellum America as part of the social studies curriculum